Funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, Banyan’s Adult Protection Service Workers (APSW) enhance the quality of life for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families, promote social inclusion, and help foster the unique abilities our clients have.
The program assists adults with developmental disabilities living with their families or in the community with little or no support by:
- Providing information and make referrals to needed community services.
- Arranging for needed supports and services to best meet the individual/family needs.
- Advocating on behalf of the individual/family to access and maintain support services.
- Providing individual support to meet individual/families’ goals and needs.
- Enhancing strengths and capacities in individuals and families using natural or formal supports.
- Providing emotional support and guidance.
Client Statement of Rights
- Experience quality support, which is centered on your needs and designed to meet your unique strengths
- Be treated with dignity and respect.
- Identify your own goals and supports that you would like.
- Supported in a manner that recognizes your individuality and that responds to your needs and preferences, this includes preferences based on ethnic, spiritual, linguistic, familial and cultural factors.
- Determine who will have access to your personal information and Personal Health information that is collected by Banyan as well as the information in your file.
How to access this service:
Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) determines eligibility and makes referral to Banyan Community Services. Please Contact:
Developmental Services Ontario Hamilton-Niagara Region